‘A Textbook of Rasashastra’ deals with the subject of Rasa Shastra. It covers each and every point of the syllabus outlined by the apex body. The highlights of the book are:
1. Subject is explained in simple language in such a way that especially suits the beginners.
2. The topics are dealt with point wise narration for easy and quick grasping.
3. All the instruments are explained with diagrams and their application.
4. Highlights and contribution of important Rasa texts have been pointed out.
5. Mineralogical properties of the drugs have been tabulated for all the metals and minerals which will help with the proper identification and standardization of the drugs.
6. Stage wise standardization methods of Rasaoushadis and the amendments in GMP related with Rasaoushadis have been incorporated in the book.
7. Tabulation of many methods of purification and incineration of Rasa dravyas with their references have been structured for additional information.
8. This book also includes the methodology for collection and storage of poisonous drugs, their processing techniques and antidotes.
In total, this book provides a take on the fundamentals of Rasa Shastra and description of Rasa dravyas with relevant modern pharmaceutical and geological information along with precise explanations.
9. The book has been printed in color, aiding to the comprehension of the students. All images are given along with the text and have also been compiled at the end of the text for quick referencing.
A Textbook of Rasashastra has been especially designed for the undergraduate students pursuing their BAMS degree. It has been reviewed by faculty from all over the country and only after garnering good reviews, has been published for the public benefit.